MPA Federal Advisory Committee Meetings
The Marine Protected Areas Federal Advisory Committee (FAC) meets at least twice a year. Meetings are open to the public, and include an opportunity for public comments to the committee.
This page provides complete links to all documents available for current and past meetings.
Marine Protected Areas Federal Advisory Committee
Virtual Meeting by Teleconference
Nov. 8, 2018
Date/Time: Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, from 3:00-4:00 PM Eastern Time / 12:00-1:00 PM Pacific Time.
Teleconference: Number = 888-397-1651, Passcode = 821519#
Invitees: Members of the MPA FAC and Cultural Heritage Resources Working Group; Federal Ex Officio members; Liaisons from interested Federal agencies; Interested members of the public.
Purpose: Committee members will discuss and vote to approve MPAFAC products for submission to the U.S. Departments of Commerce and the Interior.
Committee Documents for Approval
Cultural Heritage Working Group
- A Cultural Landscape Approach
- Federal MPAs: Process for Section 106 National Historic Preservation Act
- Authorities Applicable to Activities that Directly Affect Cultural Resources in U.S. Lands/Waters and in The Area/High Seas
- Tribal and Indigenous Communities
- Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary's Intergovernmental Policy Council
Sustain MPA Benefits
- Sustaining Benefits from Marine Protected Areas in a changing Ocean Findings and Recommendations from the Marine Protected Areas Federal Advisory Committee - Executive Summary
- Sustaining Benefits from Marine Protected Areas in a changing Ocean Findings and Recommendations from the Marine Protected Areas Federal Advisory Committee
- Accompanying the MPAFAC's 2018 Findings and Recommendations on Sustaining MPA Benefits in a Changing Ocean
- How MPAs Enhance the Resilience of Coastal Marine Ecosystems and their Services: A Supplemental Report by the Marine Protected Areas Federal Advisory Committee's Ecosystem Team